Monday 5 December 2011

Fabric Cones Hanging

Prior to going home this weekend to visit my parents and collecting many cones, I started to make some from fabric.  I made 4 and created a hanging for my door.




Keep doing this until you have the Styrofoam balls covered.

As you can see you can add different colours of fabric to the same ball.  The I wanted to add a bow.
When making the bow, I used a Christmas Lace.  I made the bow in the second frame and then made a bow without tails in the third frame to put behind the first bow.  I also added a piece of lace to the hanger to make it fuller.

I glued a gold ring to the back of the bow.  Then I used a little red lace as well for colour. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been wondering how these ornaments are made!
    Now I know, I should have known that you'd know how to make them!
    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look so realistic! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete